Sunday, January 27, 2019

More advise. What not to do

After the brief rain storm and 1 hour taxi ride. We arrive at our hotel.  We are back to Casa Andina. This time premium with lake views. The sun is out, little cakes in the room to snack on, and the grounds are great. Lots of plants and green. Dan is a little short of breath but we are doing nothing today except hanging out. Tomorrow is an all day boat trip to the floating islands.  It is breezy on this edge of town. We are way away from the city center. Turns out over a million people in Puno.

So now for what not to do.  Upon arrival in Cusco we were advised eat light rest and limit alcohol. So what do we do but finish a bottle of wine and 2 dishes of nuts before dinner. We do split dinner but nothing light.  All this will come back to haunt Dan tomorrow.

Off to bed early but forgot to ask for feather free pillows. This created a major problem for Dan and he didn’t sleep at all.   We met our transport at 7AM to start our day trip and it is raining and more lightening and thunder. The guide tells us this is normal and the sun will come out.  Oh how I hope he is right.  Today is the first time in 2 weeks we needed more than one layer. I was wishing I double layered under my pants as well as my shirts.  It is cold and wet.

I will finish about the trip later since my phone is almost out of charge. I will post pictures first

No comments:

Post a Comment