Today the plan is back to the market. Yesterday the place-mat lady was closed.. So Tim, Dan, Blanca and I head out. We have totally acclimatized to the altitude so only get a little short of breath when walking. We are back to scouring the market for the vendor and to find a few final treasures. Unfortunately, our great travel karma has hit the wall. Blanca noticed after a purchase that her phone was missing. We tried find my phone, no luck seems it was turned off immediately. Next a call to Verizon.
Upside all the pictures were safe since she and Tim share the same cloud account, down side is who is going to take all the great photos. Blanca has been amazing with the camera this trip. Our chief photographer has limited himself to select shots. Most likely because of the heavy camera and big lens. You will have to rely on me.(sorry). I did try to upload photos from Dan's phone and they just wouldn't go, I am not sure if it is a data issue or just slow wifi and files that are a little oversized. Oh well I will try and do better about photos and we need to share more.
Patti, Blanca and I attended a cooking class at the hotel. Trout Ceviche. Great flavor using Peruvian chiles although a little spicy for me, Patti who is allergic to fish gave hers to Tim and it was spicy for him also. The afternoon has us all doing different things after lunch. Dan went off to have a massage at the spa, I worked on the blog and then went down to the Jacuzzi and then had a pedicure. Great foot massage and it was something I didn't do before we left San Diego. Tim and Blanca were out shopping, bought pictures from a street vendor, went to the Machu Picchu museum. Patti and Don picked up the scarf from the alpaca shop, went to the best bakery ever, and then the museum. Stopped at the chocolate shop on the way back to the hotel. Blanca had a massage in the late afternoon and then an early dinner and pack since we need to go to the airport for a trip to Lima in the morning.
Food: Haven't said much about food. The Cusco JW Marriott was phenomenal. We would all have something different and everything was excellent. From the chicken soup, hamberger, fried chicken patty, carne asada- peru, to beef skewers, Cesear salad, and shrimp scampi. Portions are good sized and we all share so to taste each others dish. If one can't finish we just hand the plate to Tim or Dan and it usually comes back clean. Breakfast is a buffet smoothies, fruit, breads, cookies, cakes, danishes, cold cuts, cheeses, condiments pickled onions, pickles etc, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, quinoa and cook to order fresh eggs. Need I say more.
No comments:
Post a Comment